· All ages are determined as of the first day of Convention Classes.
· Dancers must be at least age 6 to attend SADM.
· Early Bird Rates only apply to registrations submitted and PAID IN FULL by the “Early Registration Deadline” for each convention.
· In order to receive SADM Certified Teacher rates, you must be current on your dues.
· No refunds on workshop fees.
· At the door, registration must be paid by cash or studio check.
· All students must be accompanied by a registered teacher or a registered studio representative.
· SADM expects a certain level of respect and conduct to be followed at all events. We reserve the right to refuse admittance or ask anyone with unacceptable behavior to leave.
· All attendees automatically give their permission to SADM to use all photos and videos from convention and/or competition for advertising, publicity, and professional use.
CLASS LEVEL & WRISTBANDS
· The convention class ages are simply guidelines; Studio Owners/Directors may use their discretion to place their dancers in the appropriate classroom levels.
· Level changes can be made within the first two classes for a $5.00 fee. Please notify the SADM desk of any level changes and we will exchange wristbands, if necessary.
· CSTs, Assistant Teachers and Teachers may dance in any ballroom, but are asked to remain in the back of the room or off to the sides.
· Wristbands must be worn at all times and cannot be transferred.
· There is a $5.00 fee for lost wristbands
· In some instances, class levels may be combined if deemed appropriate.
· There is absolutely NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY or video recording during competition. Flash photography can cause injury to our dancers.
· Parents of registered dancers are allowed into the convention classes only if they have purchased an Observer wristband.
· If a parent is interested in serving as a Door Monitor, their observer fee will be waived. Please see Registration Desk for more information.
· All Observers must be attending with paid students only and may not be teachers, studio owners or dancers.
· Observers do not have access to the Teacher room or closed rehearsals at any time.
· Observer wristbands are not required for the Opening or Closing Jam Sessions.
· Please remember to be respectful to the faculty and dancers and take all discussions and phones outside the ballroom.
· SADM reserves the right to revoke any Observer privileges.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
· The host hotel, facilities and SADM are not responsible for any lost personal items or injuries.
· SADM will not be responsible for dancers who, at their own risk, choose not to wear dance shoes.
· Dancers are to wear cover-ups between classes and to-and-from convention events.
· If a participant of is in need of first aid, please see a SADM Staff member at the registration desk.
· Please make sure all personal items are against the perimeter of the ballrooms and under the chairs at all times to avoid injury.
· No gum chewing during class.