· All ages are determined as of the first day of Convention Classes.
· Dancers must be at least age 7 to attend SADM.
· Early Bird Rates only apply to registrations submitted and PAID IN FULL by the “Early Registration Deadline” for each convention.
· In order to receive SADM Certified Teacher rates, you must be current on your dues.
· No refunds on workshop fees.
· At the door, registration must be paid by cash or studio check.
· All students must be accompanied by a registered teacher or a studio representative.
· SADM expects a certain level of respect and conduct to be followed at all events. We reserve the right to refuse admittance or ask anyone with unacceptable behavior to leave.
· All attendees automatically give their permission to SADM to use all photos and videos from convention and/or competition for advertising, publicity, and professional use.
CLASS LEVEL & WRISTBANDS
· The convention class ages are simply guidelines; Studio Owners/Directors may use their discretion to place their dancers in the appropriate classroom levels.
· Level changes can be made within the first two classes for a $5.00 fee. Please notify the SADM desk of any level changes and we will exchange wristbands, if necessary.
· CSTs are able to dance both in the Teacher Room and Teen/Senior Room. All other attendees may only dance in the room for which they are registered.
· Wristbands must be worn at all times and cannot be transferred.
· There is a $5.00 fee for lost wristbands
· In some instances, class levels may be combined if deemed appropriate.
· Photography and Video recording from any media devices (i.e. digital cameras, cell phones, SLR's, Flip, etc.) is strictly prohibited during convention classes. This is to protect student safety and privacy, as well as protecting the work of our faculty.
· ONLY SADM appointed media staff are allowed to video/photograph during convention classes.
· There is absolutely NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY or video recording during competition. Flash photography can cause injury to our dancers.
· Parents of registered dancers are allowed into the convention classes only if they have purchased an Observer wristband.
· If a parent is interested in serving as a Door Monitor, their observer fee will be waived. Please see Registration Desk for more information.
· All Observers must be attending with paid students only and may not be teachers, studio owners or dancers.
· Observers do not have access to the Teacher room or closed rehearsals at any time.
· Observer wristbands are not required for the Opening or Closing Jam Sessions.
· Please remember to be respectful to the faculty and dancers and take all discussions and phones outside the ballroom.
· NO videotaping or photography allowed at any point during the convention classes. SADM protects the safety of all our students and the integrity of our teachers. Still photos can be taken in between classes, with the faculty, etc.
· SADM reserves the right to revoke any Observer privileges.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
· The host hotel, facilities and SADM are not responsible for any lost personal items or injuries.
· If a participant of is in need of first aid, please see a SADM Staff member at the registration desk.
· Please make sure all personal items are against the perimeter of the ballrooms and under the chairs at all times to avoid injury.
· Dancers should wear cover-ups between classes and to-and-from convention events.
· SADM will not be responsible for dancers who, at their own risk, choose not to wear dance shoes.